Until There’s a Cure…
The Case Management Department coordinates and links clients to a wide range of services including medical care, mental health care and other community-based services ensuring timely, coordinated access to care. Currently, case management serves over 800 active clients. New clients are assigned a case manager that helps the client meet as many needs as possible. SAAF also provides some financial assistance programs, as funding is available, to help clients in both emergency and on-going circumstances.
Since 2000 SAAF has administered Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), a HUD program, assistance of up to 30 months providing clients with long-term rental assistance. Case Management services are provided in English and Spanish.
Services provided to clients could include, but are not limited to:
- Increase management and medication adherence
- Risk reduction/harm reduction education
- Assistance in making medical, mental, substance abuse treatment, health and dental appointments
- Application assistance for Medicaid, Medicare, SSI and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and other entitlement programs
- Tenant-based rental assistance
- Transitional housing
- Emergency financial assistance for rent or utilities, as available
- Referrals to other agencies for any services not provided by SAAF
This site contains HIV prevention messages that might not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV infection is spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this website.